January 25, 2011

Was That Planned?

Nine o'clock couldn't arrive soon enough tonight. I couldn't wait for "date night" to see who was "dating" who and to hear the State of the Union Address. Everyone seemed to play nice in the chamber tonight and the President even made a funny. As I absorb the message addressed to the American people this evening I just have to share one observation. The ties...

(Reuters: Kevin Lamarque)
    
...powder blue and pink. Was this planned? Was this part of "date night" attire? John has his Repub Lite tie, Joe has his Dem Lite tie and President Obama has his dimmed down blue tie. I listened to what our President was saying but I found myself fixating on those damn ties. Occassioanlly the camera would pan the chamber and sure enough, there were more Dem Lite ties and Repub Lite ties in the crowd too. 

I think a better symbol of unity would be this handsome tie. With equal parts of red and blue you have purple. Perfect choice!

    
Now let's hope Congress can continue to play nice the day after the big "date" and for days to come. Put on your purple ties boys and girls and let's see you get some shit done!  


No comments: