March 24, 2011

Word Of The Day: Dillhole

I heard the word dillhole for the first time yesterday. My 20 year old used it and it totally made me laugh. No. He didn't direct the term towards me although I'm sure there have been moments I've been a dillhole in his life at times. Yesterday my boy and I were working at our acting gig and he played the role of a homeless schizophrenic who heard voices calling him a dillhole as they planned to take his brain.

I wasn't sure what a dillhole was, I assumed it meant pickled asshole. After researching the topic I learned my assumption was somewhat correct. According to the Online Slang Dictionary dillhole is a noun that's used as a general insult. It means: butthole/jackass, uncool person, jerk, asshole, unintelligent person, idiot. Example: You're not winning and you need rehab dillhole!

Some dillhole explorers believe dill is short for dildo which gives the word a whole new meaning as in; My dillhole is empty


Apparently dillhole has been around a while. Legend has it, Beavis & Butthead used the term first. B&B couldn't say the word dickhole on TV so dillhole replaced that awful word of evil and sin.

Dillhole was also used on That 70's Show and Friends. Chandler quotes Winnie the Pooh author, A.A. Milne, as having said, "Get out of my chair, Dillhole!" 

Here's a clip, take a listen.
 
If you're still not clear as to what a dillhole is maybe this video can help clarify who should wear the dillhole crown.
Dillhole. Such a funny word, and so much nicer than asshole. It's such a funny word I made it the word of the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I don't know why but a dill hole was a term for the barrels holding the alcohol they drill whole in them the size of a dill pickle (penis size) to put the spowt , tap and guys would get caught fucking the dillhole and it became wine slang.

Unknown said...

In barrels of alcohol ,pickle barrels, they drill a hole for the tap or to drain and it's the size of a dill pickle or penis size and guys started getting caught screwing the dillhole and so it became slang for Workers in those industries.the hole would be corked until it got to its destination also. I saw a quick Doc. About it long time ago. Maybe you can find it.