April 12, 2011

A Special Potato And A Murder Suicide

I thought I was going to share just one great discover I made today but now I have two great discoveries to share.

My first discovery of the day was finding a taterheart! You know, a heart shaped potato!

My LuvSpud - Discovered 04.12.2011
How cool is that?! Finding this gem in the bottom of a 10 pound bag of spuds after a long day of playing a middle aged patient having chest pain was kind of freaky...freaky but cool. It certainly made me smile, especially since I'm a huge potato lover. I'm such a huge fan of taters they called me Spud when I was a kid. I haven't met a potato I don't like.

I wish I had taken a better shot of my LuvSpud before performing open heart surgery on it. Now I'm kind of wishing I hadn't added it to my soup. I should have kept it then it could have dried up and transformed into a scrotum or something. Damn! I just wasn't thinking.

As if my spectacular potato discovery isn't enough to share in one night, I have yet another discovery to share! The Los Feliz Murder Mansion. 

http://www.forbes.com/2011/03/23/abandoned-mansions-luxury-real-estate-forbeslife_slide_4.html
I opened a Yahoo news story that brought me to a forbes.com article about abandoned mansions featuring 9 of the creepiest mansions in the Untied States. The Los Feliz mansion was one of them. I had never heard of this mansion nor the murder suicide that took place in it on December 6, 1959. After reading the short blurb about the mansion I had to get my google on and find out more. 

A mystery surrounds the mansion. It has not been occupied since the night Dr. Harold Perelson murdered his wife with a ball peen hammer, severely injured his 18 year old daughter, and then killed himself by drinking acid. The mansion is owned by a gentleman who pays the taxes but chooses to keep it empty until he figures out what he wants to do with it. The owner is now 79.

I think the best information I found about the mansion and the crime that took place is HERE.

If you're at all interested in crime stories of the past you're going to enjoy reading about this one. 

So there's my great discoveries of the day...a happy LuvSpud and a brutal murder suicide with a mysterious mansion left behind.

No comments: