March 28, 2011

A Shitload Of Freebies But The Bend In The Road Is The Best

The free samples keep pouring in. It was a delight to come home and discover some premo freebies that had been delivered today.


I was pleasantly surprised to get a full 11 oz can of hairspray. It's not exactly something that anybody will use for their hair in this household but it will sure come in handy as a spray fixative for art! Then there's dog food for our dogless home but I have a friend who will appreciate the sample. I got the Ready, Set, Listen game to teach kids to say no to drugs, protein drink mix, flip-flops, Mio Liquid water Enhancer to make 24 servings of berry pomegranate flavored water, and a SinuSense sinus wash bottle with 60 saline solution packs. It's crazy how much cool shit I get for nothing! I love my new found hobby.

One last thing I received today is a simple, paper bookmark. Out of all the crap I got in my shit load of freebies I think I like this one the best.

 
My road has had a lot of bends, detours and rocky terrains. This poem speaks to me and gives me hope that I won't always be riding a unicycle in a muddy ditch...or the Crapstar over potholes on I-71.

Thank you Helen Steiner Rice. Your words and optimism have touched many during your lifetime and after your passing with the Helen Steiner Rice Foundation you founded. 

I'm not an overcooked, holy roller type but Helen was one kick ass gal with a message of optimism and a heart of gold. Here are her personal 10 commandments:
1. Thou shalt be happy
2. Thou shalt use thy talents to make others glad.
3. Thou shalt rise above defeat and trouble.
4. Thou shalt look upon each day as a new day.
5. Thou shalt always do thy best and leave the rest to God.
6. Thou shalt not waste thy time and energy in useless worry.
7. Thou shalt look only on the bright side of life.
8. Thou shalt not be afraid of tomorrow.
9. Thou shalt have a kind word and a kind deed for everyone.
10. Thou shalt say each morning -- I am a child of God and nothing can hurt me.



 
    

1 comment:

JS Grame-Smith said...

I have used this nasal kit. It's really working amazingly in my nasal problems.
-Netty Pots