January 1, 2011

The Quest Begins

Here we go. My first blog with its very first post on 1-1-11. I've been wanting to enter Blog World for quite sometime but the whole thing seemed so complicated. After 2+ years of ruminating and researching the topic I finally said - Fuck it! It's time to just do it. So here I am just doing it. I'll never learn how to blog until I become a blogger and jump right in.

So here's the scoop. I declare 2011 my year of discovery. My quest is to learn something new everyday and share my incidental genius with the world and through the process learn a shit load of juicy techno stuff about blogging. 

After a night of celebrating the new year and fading in and out of consciousness on the couch this morning I ate a healthy bowl of granola and watched about 4 minutes of the Rose Bowl Parade. Then I found myself disappointed. What the hell happened? Was there a shortage in brightly colored flowers this year? All the floats were kind of dull. A lot of earth tones. It just seemed drab so I surfed through all nine channels on the converter box to find something else. 

I landed on the Jesus Channel, also known as the Trinity Broadcasting Network. I watched some kind of animal show and actually learned a few things. Did you know that the Polar Bear is the largest land carnivore on earth? I found this interesting so I googled Polar Bears to learn more and found this.


Caption: "And now Edger's gone...Somethings going on around here."
Far Side cartoon by  Gary Larson

By stumbling upon this I learned something else. On this day in 1995 the last Gary Larson Far Side comic was published. (By the way, the cartoon above is not the last cartoon).  I also learned in the 15 years of syndication Far Side was published in over 1900 newspapers. 

I pick Far Side for $500 Alex.




















No comments: