March 15, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake

It's going to be a short post tonight. I have to get to bed earlier than last night and I really think I need time to relax before beddy-bye without a computer monitor in my face with news reports, freebie deals, and social network sites. I thought I had gotten to bed at a descent hour last night but because I don't have a super powered alarm clock that kicks my ass and whacks me over the head with a sledge hammer in the morning, I never heard my alarm go off at 7:00 AM. I hate when that happens. I rolled out of bed at the time I'm usually seeing one kid off to the bus and jumping in the Crapstar to get the other kid to school and me at work.



So it finally struck me today, my family doesn't understand the meanings of- out of bed NOW - hurry - hurry up dammit - we gotta move, move, move - hurry, hurry, hurry - Jesus Christ, get your shoes and socks on! (and by the way, I do believe Mary had to tell her son to get his saddles on a few times). My children do understand the meaning of eat cake however. Yes, that's what the kids had for breakfast, Pepperidge Farm Chocolate Fudge cake. Okay, for the record they also had half a turkey sandwich in the Crapstar on the way to school after madly eating their cake with their bare hands in the kitchen. 

My morning was a bit insane, that's why I'm getting to bed early tonight to avoid another day like today. It would do me good to try to capture that hour that was lost Sunday.  

No comments: