March 25, 2011

Paying Retail Is For Idiots

When you're in need of something and have a problem paying retail go to craigslist! I had another successful craigslist transaction today. You never know how a deal will go down until it's all said and done and I must say, today's purchase went down so awesomely well I almost peed my pants with excitement! I'm glad I didn't because I would have looked like a total dillhole. (I know, it's not the word of the day but I like it.)

I really didn't want to spend money on a new camera but it was a necessity in order to keep one of my freelance jobs. I did some research and found the perfect camera to suit my needs but the latest model cost more than good looks and a smile...and even that can be over priced on a bad hair day. So off to craigslist I went and ta-da! I found my camera. After several days of email exchanges and a phone call the transaction finally took place at one of the new fancy shmancy McDonald's. The seller was friendly, neat, had all his teeth, didn't smell and came with the camera in its original box with every cable neatly packaged with the original twist ties, all the discs, and the original manual. It was beautiful. 

Now that my new 50% below-retail-camera is charged I took a picture to share. It's my  pocket Declaration of Independence and Constitution of the United States! 



Yep. That's the little diddy I wrote about on February 5th. My freebie arrived this week. I got it from the same folks who published God, Guns and Gold: Foundations for Christian Freedom . I haven't read it yet to see if God packs heat anywhere in it but after I read my 50% below-retail-camera's operating manual I'll be sure to check.

So today I discovered another friendly, honest craigslister and how much of a difference 10 additional mega pixels can make. I have to say it was a kick ass day!   

No comments: