May 25, 2011

We're Doing It Yutang!

Holy carpoli, am I ever going to be sore tomorrow. The soreness is already creeping in but I'm embracing it with all my heart. This is one of those full body aches that screams, "Thanks for waking us up!" ...us as in all us muscles. I had quite the workout today just working and cleaning. Oh yeah, and doing one cartwheel just for shits and giggles.

Today my productivity was off the charts. The biggest accomplishment was clearing a shit load of useless shit out of the house for bulk pick up to get tomorrow morning. I wasn't the only one working my tail off, the whole endeavor was a family affair. We pulled our strategy together and executed the plan and I must say, it feels great...for the mind, body AND soul. Purging the nonessential feels great! With a heavy dose of Clutter-Be-Gone I can only hope my house comes down with a few more bulimic episodes.

Being a natural born pack rat it ain't easy to let go of stuff but when you finally do, you realize how nice it feels to have less junk. Lin Yutang is right. Eliminating the non-essentials is how one can really live life. Just the physical act of eliminating crap is rewarding. It's a form of exercise and the body loves that. All the hard work is worth the sore muscles and body odor as it reminds you that you did something. It's good stuff I tell you. I'm feeling mighty fine right now. I had a good workout and eliminated a LOT of non-essentials so I can begin living life to the fullest again. Yay!

No comments: