January 20, 2011

Broken Squirty Thing MacGyvered Into A Strap-on






That's my broken squirty thing. Notice the missing part at the bottom? That part is still attached to the hose at the kitchen sink. Do you know what happens when your squirty thing becomes detatched from your hose and you turn on the water? No water through your faucet but lots of water through your hose. 

When a problem like this occurs it is very important to grab the stump of your squirty thing and point it down. Always hold onto your hose when the flow is strong. If these procedures are not followed I have learned that everything within a 5 foot radius gets wet. After learning how to properly handle my broken squirty thing I found it very difficult to wash the dishes. Actually, the washing part wasn't too difficult but the rinsing part was a pain in the ass. I needed to solve this problem. 

Thankfully, I'm a serious twist-tie collector and I have the skills of MacGyver. I wrestled my broken squirty thing around the faucet, pressed my stump against the end of the spout and tied my stump in place with five twist-ties. Tah-dah! A strap on! Problem solved. Well, solved until it's totally solved with a replacement squirty thing. 

That's what I learned today...how to properly maneuver a hose with a forceful flow and how to MacGyver a broken squirty thing.  
















No comments: