January 31, 2011

Random Act Of Kindness

Of all the places in the world to find a happy place I found mine at Kroger. Who would have thought a grocery shopping trip would result in a moment of kindness. I think this was the first time I have ever left my neighborhood Kroger store without mumbling "asshole" under my breath and behind a fake smile to at least one person. 

I was the recipient of a random act of kindness at the deodorant section in aisle 4. Another coupon extraordinaire was eying the soaps with a selection of coupons in hand while I was shuffling through my clipboard of coupons in search of deodorant deals. Admiring each other's couponing ways we began to chat, excitedly sharing smart-shopper tips and boasting about our kick ass finds. Mine was finding a can of that over powering AXE body spray for a "discontinued" discount price of $2.63. But that wasn't the best part. I had a $2.00 off coupon to go with it! I got a can of AXE for 63 cents! 

After several minutes of sharing exciting deal stories my new coupon pal and I had to part ways. As I began strolling down the rest of aisle 4 my new coupon buddy caught up to me with a coupon in her hand. She tells me to take it, she'll never use it. It was a Buy One Get One FREE coupon for AXE! Wow. That was incredibly nice! I thanked her, got another can of AXE and went wee-wee-wee all the way home.

It was a good outing to Kroger tonight. The deals where great but the random act of kindness was greater. The food and paper products and the two cans of AXE will be gone by next month but the kindness a complete stranger shared with me will last a life time. Now it's my turn.

February 14 - 20 is Random Acts Of Kindness Week  Who's in?! 

Be sure to click on the link to learn more about the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation...cool stuff man!          

No comments: