February 9, 2011

21 Things I've learned


Day two at my brand spanking new job was an excellent adventure. I learned lots today. I learned so much my brain is smoking and my eyes are beginning to fall out of my skull. I FEEL ALIVE! I'm also feeling a wee bit tired. I know, I'm tired at 11:30 at night. That's not my style at all but my brain hurts and I think it's telling me to get my ass to bed.

Rather than trying to type tonight's post in full sentences and paragraphs I'm presenting what I learned today in list form. My melting, dyslexic brain can't handle too many more sentences tonight. So here we go. My list of cool things I learned today.

What I Learned Today  
  1. My children do have it in them to be lovely creatures in the morning 
  2. The ice scraper sucks  (not so cool)
  3. My trip into work took way less time than I had anticipated 
  4. How to operate a new computer program (I'm still learning this one) 
  5. How to queue orders 
  6. I can make a mistake and it's all cool 
  7. My Ford Crapstar is even shittier than I thought it was yesterday (definately not so cool)
  8. The alarm on a really shitty Crapstar can go off for no reason, five times in 2.5 hours (and another not so cool thing)
  9. I can talk and work at the same time 
  10. Natural peanut butter on Fritos tastes really, really good 
  11. Getting to know another co-worker was really easy 
  12. Meeting really nice people makes me happy 
  13. My son is a thoughtful young man 
  14. Gas prices aren't lower on Wednesdays 
  15. I need glasses NOW (not cool)
  16. A vat of homemade potato soup can be made in less than an hour 
  17. My daughter can do anything she puts her mind to 
  18. Thomas Jefferson was 33 when he drafted the Declaration of Independence 
  19. Working hard and exercising the brain makes you feel alive 
  20. Feeling alive again restores hope 
  21. I can finally see some good shit happening
     

No comments: