February 13, 2011

Broken Heart

I had a slight mishap this evening...I have a broken heart. It was ugly I tell you. It all began when I had a brilliant idea and ended with me thinking, "If only I had listened to my inner baker". Then I had no choice but to take a knife to it and tell it it was a being an ass. 

Here's what I made tonight.


Baking is my thing. I love baking. I also like experimenting and that's the ingredient in tonight's baking adventure that went wrong. I attempted to make a heart shaped brownie in my copper heart mold. I've made cakes in my copper molds before so I thought this would be a cinch! NOT!

I definately learned something. When the inner baker whispers, " There's way too much batter in that mold idiot", you should listen to it. I didn't and when I pulled my heart out of the oven after baking it 15 minutes longer than suggested, I flipped it over on the cooling rack and the damn thing took a shit! It wasn't cooked all the way so its gooey brown innards oozed out all over the table. I scooped what I could back in the pan, popped it back in the oven and baked it longer. When I went to flip over onto the rack again my heart broke. 

So there you have it. That's my special Valentine treat for the family. Too bad it didn't work out. I was going to put a message on it like a candy heart. It was going to say EAT ME. Now it just says I'VE BEEN VIOLATED without using any type. 

Oh well. At least I learned something. I know what NOT to do next time. And on the upside, we'll enjoy picking at this heap of crap plus this whole baking adventure inspired me to dick around with a photo of my copper heart mold.

 

No comments: