February 11, 2011

Dandelions And Pineapple

http://vintageprintable.com/wordpress/page/25/?wpmp_switcher=desktop

On the way into work today I had the radio on and heard an interesting bit of trivia about my favorite flower, the dandelion. Sure, some people call them weeds and lawn care companies love making these happy little flowers villains but why? They're pretty. Plus they ward off cooties when the flower is rubbed on your skin and leaves a yellow spot. Best cootie vaccine I've ever used! 


The bit of trivia I learned about the dandelion is it has a Valentine's Day connection. Apparently, after you meet your Valentine you pick a dandelion that has gone to seed, take a deep breath and blow the seeds into the wind. You count the seeds that remain on the stem and that's the number of children you will have with your love. Now that I've learned this it makes me love the dandelion even more. 




Another thing I learned today is how to make a pineapple plant from a fresh pineapple. This seems really simple and could be a fun thing to try. For me it would be a fun challenge as I've been known to be a serial plant killer but the up side to growing a pineapple plant is after it's in dirt it only needs watered once a week. Now that's something I might be able to handle.


I could probably write about more things I learned today but I'm pooped. It's been a long week and my eyes have popped out of my head and are rolling on the floor now. I think they're trying to roll to bed so I better follow them. Another full day awaits. Time for ZZZzzzzzzzz

No comments: