February 28, 2011

Hey Russia! Don't Let Them Make Anymore Crapstars.



Today I decided to explore my audience stats. I learned that Incidental Genius has traveled internationally! I'm sure this is a common thing for the experienced blogger but for me it was a surprise. Wish I could find out which posts were read by the good folks in the UK, Canada, Germany, Singapore, Norway and Russia. Maybe my Russian friends are reading my random bitching about my piece of shit Ford Crapstar. Why would Russians want to read about a piece of shit Ford Crapstar you ask? Well, in case you haven't heard Ford is expanding to Russia. Here's a brief explanation of what's going down in an article from  www.bloomberg.com
 
Ford Motor Co. agreed to form a joint venture to assemble and distribute vehicles in Russia with OAO Sollers, the nation’s second-largest automaker, after Fiat SpA’s talks to create a similar arrangement there failed. 

The planned venture, called Ford Sollers, will manufacture Ford vehicles at plants in St. Petersburg and the Republic of Tatarstan, east of Moscow, starting this year, Dearborn, Michigan-based Ford said today in a statement. Ford and Sollers each will own half of the venture, the companies said.

Interesting. I hope they aren't planning to make more Crapstars! Hey! If any of my Russian readers see this, let it be known I warn you to fear the Ford Crapstar. Don't let them make anymore! Make love, not crap.

No comments: