March 4, 2011

15 Cents A Gallon In 1927

!927 Texaco Ad
In 1927 gas was 15 cents a gallon. And for that 15 cents a gallon you were greeted and serviced by a well groomed window cleaning, air pumping, oil checking, tank filling attendant! Plus, bathroom keys weren't attached to an 18 inch 2 x 4 and the restrooms didn't house the neighborhood crack ho.

My morning started with the Crapstar on E. Off to the nearest gas station I went to shit myself as I pumped the most expensive gas I have ever pumped before...$3.49 a gallon!!! Seriously, $3.49 a gallon! It sucked but what sucked more was gas for $3.39 two blocks down the street, I kicked myself for not saving 10 cents a gallon by going there. When I passed a third station one block further with gas for $3.59 I felt a little better thinking I had gotten a deal. But still, my 'deal' was three and a half fucking dollars a gallon! Do you think I got a well groomed window cleaning, air pumping, oil checking, tank filling attendant for that price? Hell no! All I do know is, the price of gas makes me bitchy.