March 22, 2011

Drawings With A Story And A Butthole

I love when I rediscover things I forgot I even lost. Laughing with my daughter tonight was one of those things. We had an excellent laugh. It all started with her teaching me how to draw a cartoon dog face. The directions have a story. You begin by drawing a stick person with no arms then bees (dots) around the stick person. This becomes the nose, mouth and whisker dots of the dog. The story continues with each line drawn step by step until the dog face is complete. It was the cutest story and drawing. After my girl shared this with me she asked if I ever drew pictures with stories when I was a kid. I had to think for a minute. I knew there was one I but I couldn't remember it right away. After I fought through the cobwebs in my scattered memory bank I found it! My one and only cartoon drawing with a story I did as a kid over and over again. I drew it out, told the story and my kid busted out laughing. I laughed so hard I snorted. I'm still laughing. 

So here it is, a childhood memory revisited with my favorite cartoon drawing with a story...

This is a hill.
This is the house a man built for his family.

The last thing the man added was the door.

And at Christmas, the family put a star on the roof.

    ...or did somebody drop a bar of soap in the shower???? 

Stupid right? I know, but it still makes me laugh! 

No comments: