March 19, 2011

It Was A 'Please Stand By' Kind Of Night


Due to technical difficulties the regularly programed blog entry for March 18th was temporally interrupted at 11:10 PM last night. All shit of a techno kind hit the fan as I was wrapping up one of several freelance jobs, just in time to write my blog entry. All was going swimmingly well until my computer decided to have a melt down. Thinking back I think I heard it mumbling, "Fuck this" right before shutting down unexpectedly. Thankfully I had just hit 'save' about 15 minutes before the melt down but I still lost some of the work I had been slaving over all day. 

It was an ugly scene that went down something like this...
Me: Thank God I'm almost done with this.

Computer: Thank God you're almost done with this.

Me: Hmmm, I think computer is complaining, I better hit save before it becomes a dick.

Computer: Hey asshole, I'm going to fuck you up, time is running out.

Me: Holy crap, how long can it take to save a 65MB file? 

Computer: Hold your horses asshole, I'm tired and you haven't given me a break all day.

Me: Okay, file saved, now lets get a little more done then I'll write my blog. Sound good?

Computer: Fuck you, I'm going to bed. (the melt down begins)

Me: No! Fuck YOU!

Computer: Don't you dare hit the power button.

Me: Fuck that you fucking fucker, I'm turning you on again because I have a blog to write.

Computer: Stop waking me up! Fuck you, I'm going back to sleep.

Me: No. No, no, no...FUCK YOU!


And so it went on. Power on, power off, power on, power off. Poor Computer was just plain tired and at that point I realized I was too. We fought for almost an hour until I threw in the towel and said my last, "Fuck you" before going to bed.

My relationship with Computer seems to be much better today. I think we both just needed a good night's rest. So what did I learn yesterday? Always, always, always hit save before adding more shit to an already overloaded file.

 

No comments: