March 27, 2011

My Kids Are Goldfish And I'm A Twit Among Other Things

http://www.goldfish-as-pets.com/care_items.html

After forcing myself to ignore my ever growing to-do-list from hell I enjoyed an hour of web surfing. I found more free sample offers AND 337 Interesting Facts that are pretty much useless. They're fun though!

Here's a few that stood out the most:
  • 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321 (I love math - fun!)
  • A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off
  • A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds (Holy shit! My kids are goldfish.)
  • A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute on average (Hey, mine too! When I look at my to-do-list from hell.)
  • A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second
  • A male emperor moth can smell a female emperor moth up to 7 miles away
  • A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes (I've always wanted to be a pig.)
  • A pregnant goldfish is called a twit (Oh no. If my kids are goldfish I've been a twit!)
  • A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans (Americans who swallow toothpicks are just plain stupid.)
  • All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20
  • A whale's penis is called a dork (No, no, no! This can't be. I'm a whale penis.)
  • America's first nudist organization was founded in 1929, by 3 men (That's so gay.)
  • Bats always turn left when exiting a cave (Good to know.)
  • Cat's urine glows under a black-light
  • Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them use to burn their houses down - hence the expression "to get fired" (Getting a pink slip is soooo much better.)
  • One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television (I'm one of the four. America's Funniest People and the news...no, not the crime report dillhole!)
  • Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants (Then he came back to America to start a nudist colony with his two boyfriends)
Pretty useless, but fun, right? Well, enough with the fun and games for the night, there's work to be done.

No comments: