May 14, 2011

Dancing Monkeys

I had some shittiness today but thanks to my kids I had some great moments too. I finally got the teen boy to the body piercing joint I've been promising to do since Christmas. He got to use his gift certificate to get his lip pierced and the kid is one happy dude right now. His day was awesome because not only did he get his piercing but Playstation Network is up and running again!!! To be honest, I didn't even know it was down, I just thought the kid was enjoying my company for the last few days and wanted to hang with me. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

The teen girl had a good day too and that always thrills me. She came home from a sleep over as happy as can be and informed me that she WILL go to the water park with her classmates for their end of the school year field trip. Just a day ago she told me she didn't want to go because she thought she would look ugly in a bathing suit. I of course disagreed and tried convincing her she looks fine and should go. I'm so glad her girlfriends convinced her to join in on the fun. Yay girlfriends! 

Then, right before my slumber partying tired daughter went to bed she shared this video with me. What a great way to end my day...Bruno Mars and dancing monkeys. Big thanks to the girl!   


No comments: