May 13, 2011

No Thanks, The Cesspool Is Yours

First off, let me explain why I didn't post a blog entry last night. It wasn't another day off from blogging to celebrate M-day. It wasn't because I made a trip to the ER for a twisted testicle. It was because Blogger wouldn't let me. Damn Blogger was malfunctioning and everybody with a Blogger blog was effected. I took that as sign to get off the computer and get back to my freelance work.

In the last 24 hours or so I have discovered a lot of things. Ugly, disturbing things that have spurred a lot of deep thought, and swearing, and crying, and cynical laughter. I've had to disconnect the emotion wires in my right brain and take my logical left brain in a for a tune up. That unconditional love we're supposed to have for a sibling has been temporarily interrupted and that's a good thing for me right now. Unconditional love requires the emotion wires to be connected and if I connect those wires right now I think I would either curl up in a ball and cry for days or seriously harm the asshole who put me in this place. Yep. Emotionally flat lining at the moment is a good thing for me. When I shut off my emotions I function much better, think logically, and move forward rather than drown in my alcoholic sibling's cesspool of dysfunction. It's all business now...no emotions. Shit has to get done and I'm not going to be a pawn. I'm not going to make one drunk's mess my problem. I want out of it and I want out of it now.

Ah, that felt good to let out. On the bright side of things, I think I have all the ingredients for an award winning screen play. It'll be a black comedy titled, No Thanks, The Cesspool Is Yours

No comments: