May 2, 2011

While Everybody Was Dancing In The Streets I Was In A Coma

I didn't write my blog last night. After the Tylenol PM kicked in I was just too pooped to pop a blog entry out of my ass so here I am today making up for my missed assignment. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body, especially when it is screaming, "STOP!". 

My weekend was one of going, going, going and doing, doing, doing and by the time I finished watching Desperate Housewives my toe was throbbing. I popped my PM formula pain reliever and thought I could squeeze a blog entry out before it kicked in...that just didn't happen. 

The one thing I learned yesterday before falling into a coma was the same thing everybody else in the world learned. Osama bin Laden had been killed. I fell into my deep slumber shortly after the breaking news so I missed out on dancing naked in the streets and singing patriotic songs with a bunch of drunk partiers. Now that I'm fully awake I'm still not sure you'll find me dancing and singing. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to hear the madman is no more but I just have lots of questions. I can't help it, I just need more information. I want to see the proof, the documentation...I need evidence.

I've been too gullible in my life too many times so through the years I've become a bit of a skeptic. I don't want to over react until I have all the facts and in this case I question why our bin Laden witch hunt that started in 1998 has taken so long. And why did the hunt end now? I can't help it if I feel there's more to the story.

There. I caught up with my late blog post. Now I'm off to catch up with a gazillion other things in my life, including some reading on the assassination and burial at sea of that man we all love to hate.

No comments: