May 28, 2011

You'll Be Missed

A very special person entered my life about 3 months ago. I had no idea this person would touch my heart the way she did. This would be the very first person who trained me at the new job I landed in February. We began working together at 9:00 AM my first day at work and by 4:00 PM I knew I could fall in love with this girl.  Three months later, I can definitely say I love her. I love her as friend, a sister, and even like a daughter...like in the way a mother wants only the best for her kid and expects to hear about all the adventures and accomplishments so she can boast and be incredibly proud. It's that kind of love, mixed with a large helping of sisterhood and friendship. This girl radiates joy and goodness and turns my heart into a warm sappy ball of gooey love and laughter.


Today, this very special person celebrated her last day at work. It was bitter sweet for me but I tried not to show the bitter part. Today we all celebrated her awesomeness and said goodbye the best way we could while trying to get work done. I'm going to miss this girl as she rides off into the sunset on her way to San Fransisco but I have a feeling she will stick with me for the rest of my life. Some people have that effect...their goodness and joy sneaks into your heart and never leaves.

This sums it up the best. My farewell message written on the bathroom wall.




 





 

No comments: