January 12, 2011

It's My Call Of Duty

A big, bright light bulb went off late last night when I realized how to combat a teenage boy's Call Of Duty: Black Ops obsession. Apparently the game is the best thing ever or at least the best thing since the last Call Of Duty game came out. With the game system's WiFi connection gamers gather in a virtual battle zone from all over the world and try to conquer ah....try to conquer...ummm...well, they try to conquer something and it's really, really important. 

My teenage warrior is obsessed. So much so he's been caught in the wee hours of the morning battling the enemy and teaming up with other teenage warriors on school nights! No wonder the kid looks like an army tank ran over him during the night when he greets me in the morning with grunts and groans. He's wiped out from gaming until 4:00 AM.

My light bulb moment happened just after midnight. I detected a subtle glow coming from under the boy's bedroom door and I knew that damn game was on again and he was playing it! I was too tired to argue about it again and knew there had to be another solution. Bingo! Turn off the router!! With no router there's no connection. With no connection there's no gaming. With no gaming there's a boy getting to bed with the most dreadful boredom lulling him to sleep. 

What can I say? It was my Call Of Duty.









   

1 comment:

Laura said...

Smart thinking, I'll have to remember that for my Call of Duty obsessed child!