January 13, 2011

New Body Farm in PA

Several years ago I decided to donate my body to science but it wasn't until recent years I became aware of a different kind of option available - a body farm! When I first explored the study of human decomposition I found body farms in different locations across the country but nothing close to home. But today I found THISCalifornia University Of Pennsylvania Starts First Body Farm In The Northeast. Learning this made my day! I'll be relatively close to my place of birth plus I'll have a free ride to the farm! You see, farms over 200 miles away require a transportation fee based on mileage and I don't want to leave this party sticking my family with the bill. Besides that, PA is beautiful.

I know this isn't for everybody but for me it's perfect. I'm a detective at heart and love solving crimes. I also hate to spend money on things that don't really matter. I don't want money spent on a funeral or gravestone. The only money spent better be for a kick ass bon voyage party!




To learn more about forensic anthropology check
out this National Geographic video if you dare.  



    


 

4 comments:

Catherine Bell Smith said...

This is really cool, Cyndi. Not for everyone...but I so respect your intention, here. You set a high standard for the rest of us.

Sammy said...

I would love to donate my body to the Pennsylvania body farm but cannot find any website or phone number for it.

Unknown said...

I will not donate my whole body. Just a arm, leg and a wing!

Unknown said...

I will not donate my whole body. Just a arm, leg and a wing!