January 8, 2011

My Wind Slab, 1967 Wind Chimes & Zora

Despite feeling a bit off today and sleeping more than any human being should I did make a few small discoveries. My daughter taught me that a Zora is a creature thingy in Zelda. Then that bit of information led me to learn there's a Zeldapedia site. A Zeldapedia. Who knew?

I also discovered just how tripped out Brian Wilson really was. Have you every listened to Wind Chimes off the Smiley Smile album? I listened to it for the first time today when my google results for Wind Chimes History provided me with a YouTube video of Wind Chimes the song. 


After listening to this the first time it became quite apparent that I seriously needed to pop some pills. Out came the Omega 3, B-Complex and the heavy hitter, Wal-Phed PE. I listened again and realized my pill popping didn't enhance the experience one bit. Can't say I'm nuts about the song. It's kind of depressing, or maybe it only depressed me because he's singing about wind chimes and all I have is a wind slab.



My wind slab discovery today is what led me to search the history of wind chimes. Wind chimes date back over 3000 years and were used to welcome good spirits and ward off evil ones. Yikes! I have to get a new wind chime ASAP! 
   


No comments: