February 22, 2011

23 Things I Learned Today

Shitload Sticker From Stickerheads.com

This was a jam packed day of go, go, go. I learned a shitload of stuff today. So much stuff I couldn't possibly share it all in essay form before midnight so it's going to be another list of all the things I learned today. 


  1. One Batman hat, two Batman gloves, and a pair of boots keeps you warm and dry.
  2. Working with the cool kids in town makes work fun.
  3. Liking the cool kids you work with makes the work day fly.
  4. Ice cleats are really cool, wish I had some.
  5. When ice cleats aren't on your shoes they look like a dangerous crown with chains.
  6. The air pump at the BP station that once ran without putting 75 cents in it now requires money.
  7. The Crapstar's rear tire is a dick.
  8. It wasn't my fault that my printer at work stopped working (yay!).
  9. Your body can hurt the next day from major shivering the day before because you were a dumb ass and wore clogs during the great slushie spill of 2011.
  10. MY new ACE reading glasses felt too tight, it would seem the circumference of my head has expanded.
  11. Anhedonia is a new word I learned today.
  12. I think I might have had a touch of anhedonia in the past...but no more!
  13. World Bakery entered my world today.
  14. I learned what a 4 LoCo is. 
  15. Now I want to try a sip of 4 LoCo just to see what it tastes like, not to get drunk.
  16. My daughter looks beautiful in her new glasses.
  17. Coming home to a shitload of free samples and freebies that arrived in the mail is like Christmas.
  18. Answering the phone for the first time at work isn't as scary as I thought it would be, especially when you can pass it off to one of the cool kids who know what they're doing.
  19. Rediscovering the tunes of Edie Brickell makes me smile.
  20. The best way to enforce a 16 year old boy's punishment for a bone head mistake is to open the lines of communication. 
  21. Running into the nice coupon-sharing stranger again at Kroger after first meeting her 3 weeks ago was a pleasant surprise. We're going to try to find each other on facebook.  
  22. Eye glasses should be washed with baby shampoo.
  23. You can never have too many packages of cream cheese in the house. 

No comments: