February 21, 2011

Hat, Gloves, And Boots Took President's Day Off



One hat, two gloves and a pair of boots observed President's Day by taking off. They spent the entire damn day just laying around all warm and cozy in an empty house. They did nothing the entire day! Well, except telling jokes about the clogs that left the house with the light weight bandanna this morning. At about 4:00 they really had a good laugh when the sleet, snow and wind started. Then by early evening they were laughing their asses off when they learned about the winter weather advisory. 

Meanwhile I was the idiot who wore the comfortable yet flimsy clogs and bandanna today. Shit the bed Fred! What the hell was I thinking?! If I was one of my kids I would have yelled at me, pulled me back into the house and demanded I put something weather appropriate on, something to keep me warm and dry...hmmm, let's see, something like a hat, two gloves and a pair of boots!


I have learned to pay attention to the weather forecast. Never again will I be found slopping my way through a giant slushie that fell from the sky wearing a pair of stupid clogs. And never again will I be found in a slushie soaked bandanna on a windy, winter-weather-advisory day. And never again will I leave the house on a winter day without my gloves. My hands look like they're ready for a retirement home and they don't feel real great either. I sure learned a lesson today...don't be a dumb ass and pay attention to the weather forecast! 

No comments: