February 17, 2011

The Beauty Of Nothingness


Time is ticking away and I only have 45 more minutes of precious alone time left. I'm the only person in the house at the moment and it's absolutely lovely. I thought now would be a great time to write my blog entry. No interruptions, no late night TV programs to distract me, and no eyeballs falling out of my skull while my body aches with exhaustion. Right now, at this very moment in time, I feel calm, focused and at peace. 

I've discovered that I hardly ever have alone time and damn it, I miss that! Although I'm a social creature by nature I have been craving alone time more and more lately. I love my family and friends and all the extra obligations I take on but I just need some quiet time everyday to plop my ass down for 30 minutes of guilt-free nothingness. That's what I have learned today, the beauty of nothingness and my need for at least one moment of nothingness everyday. (sigh) It feels good.    

No comments: