February 18, 2011

My New Rapid Dry Trick



An oven isn't just for cooking in my house. I learned I can put wet artwork in a 200 degree oven for about 20 minutes and it magically dries without bursting into flames or melting. It sure beats pulling out the blow dryer and waving hot air for 20 minutes.


That's my big discovery today. After working at my new awesome job all day I knew I had some art making to do in a short period of time when I got home so I cranked out some art, set the oven dial to 200 and proceeded to make twist tie hooks to hang the wet art from the oven racks. I put the artwork in the oven and the experiment began. Twenty minutes later I had completely dry pieces of small works. Why haven't I thought of this sooner!!! 


Well, now that I know this special trick I think I'll get back to making a few more things before popping a frozen pizza in the oven for an early morning dinner. It's almost midnight so I gots to go!!

No comments: