February 19, 2011

A Failed Squirty Thing Return Has A Happy Ending

It was a laid back day yet a productive one. The productivity portion of the day started late and just moments ago I took a break from some art making and looked at my watch and said, "Oh shit! It's almost 11:30 and I have a blog to write!" My two hunt and pecking fingers better work fast tonight before I turn into a pumpkin, or a mouse, or something like that before the stroke of midnight.



Maggi's Chicken Flavored Pasta Soup Mix was one of the best discoveries I found today. My free Maggi sample arrived in the mailbox with a coupon AND a recipe booklet. I couldn't wait to read the recipes so I put on my Walgreen's reading glasses and began flipping through the pages. For a split second I thought my eyesight was failing me more than usual and actually felt a twinge of panic. I couldn't comprehend anything, it looked foreign. Hey! Guess what?! It was foreign. Thank God for that. 

Later in the day I went to Ace Hardware to return the replacement squirty thing we bought to fix the kitchen sink. Damn thing didn't work and the real pisser about it, I forgot to take it with me. There was a happy ending to my failed squirty thing return though. As luck would have it, Ace Hardware had an awesome deal on reading glasses. I am now the proud owner of a brand new pair of $1.00 Ace reading glasses that work way better than my old Walgreen's glasses. Now if I could only find some glasses that can read foreign languages I'd be all set and raring to go with some fine cooking with Maggi. 





No comments: