February 20, 2011

How Could It Be A Bad Day With A Shiny Gold Coin & Horny Goat Condoms

I was on a mission today. Micheal's craft store had a big sale with lots of coupons to be had and I needed supplies so off I went in the sleet and rain to fetch some goods for a freelance job I'm working on. There was a glitch though, the small print states that the store will only honor one coupon per costumer and that customer can only redeem one coupon one time a day. No problem...I have kids and a plan.

With kids in tow I arrived at Micheal's and before getting out of the Crapstar I explained the mission to my daughter and her friend. I had three coupons and there was three of us - perfect! I got all my shit, gathered the girls in a quiet area of the store and gave them money, a coupon, and the goods they would be "purchasing". It worked perfectly. When we got home I had to remind my secret shoppers to cough up my change and that's when I noticed I got one of these!

At first I thought it was a Susan B. Anthony one dollar coin. Not having my glasses on at the time I kept squinting at it and couldn't help but think that Susan was kind of ugly, kind of manly looking too. At that point I had to get my new Ace Hardware reading glasses on and take a closer look. Ah, that explained it. It wasn't Susan B. Anthony at all. The blurry mug on my shiny new gold coin was Andrew Johnson's. Well that certainly explained a lot and made me feel much better. I really hated thinking that Sue was ugly. 

Although the weather was shitty today and my Valentine's zit still hasn't gone away I have to say it was a darn toot'n good day. Besides finding some good buys at Micheal's I also nabbed up some nifty freebies during my morning ritual of free sample shopping. One of my favorites that will be arriving in 4-6 weeks is Horny Goat Condoms straight from Horny Goat Brewery. That's right folks, there's a business named Horny Goat. I just knew it was going to be a good day after finding that out first thing this morning.    

No comments: