February 3, 2011

Crazy School Day

 
Swiped from - http://homes.bio.psu.edu/people/faculty/bshapiro/research.html



This image I swiped from the Molecular Evolution site represents my day 100 percent. Got to bed at 2:00 AM, got up at 6:00 AM, got kids up at 7:00 AM then the real fun began.

Kid 1 and I went to a High School Career Center this morning for a formal tour and presentation. It was bitter cold and lots of ice covered side roads and sidewalks but we made it there and on time too! It was a bit chaotic at first and both of us were getting in touch with our inner bitches but after it was all said and done, I left impressed with the facility. Most of the faculty impressed me too. Despite the hectic morning trying to find where we were supposed to go and nearly falling several times, I learned a few things about a nice trade school in town. Tomorrow we have another school to visit.

After our tour I got my son back to his regular high school by 10:30 then headed home feeling like it should be Happy Hour already, or at least nap time. When I got home Happy Hour wasn't an option because there sat kid 2. Poor kid rode the bus to school to find out there was no school today - power outage. Had I checked my email first thing this morning I would have known that. Guess that's something else I learned...check the email as soon as you get up.

Good night blog. I'm pooped and need to go to bed. 


No comments: