February 4, 2011

One Lucky Employer Just Hired An Educated, Charming 20-something Trapped In A 40-something Body

About two weeks ago I was complaining about my dismal job search results. I was feeling pretty down because it seemed like nobody wanted to hire me but I had to convince myself to NOT feel rejected or like a total loser. I do believe my self-talk worked. It went something like this...

...They're just big, old stupid, dumb-dumb shitheads. That's all. I laugh in their face. HA! Silly fools. Little do they know I'm an educated, charming, ever so polite, motivated 20-something trapped in a 40ish-something body...who looks 39 and a half on a good day by the way. It's their loss. That's what I'm going with.
Finally, somebody noticed my awesomeness and hired me for the best part time job ever! It's been a frustrating journey with lots of applications denied, disappointments and interviews that only served one purpose; to put a face to the name inserted into my rejection form letters. Yes, it's been tough but I learned that perseverance and some cocky self talk can keep you in the game until that one special job comes along. It also helps to have good friends who take on the role of job scout. 

I'm not going to make millions and there's no corporate ladders to climb but with my new super-duper, kick ass, part time job I'll have time to pursue my freelance work and help kids with homework and have a healthier cash flow to replace my wind slab with a real wind chime and buy a new hand mixer since my Proctor Silex died this week.

Life is good because I'm awesome! ( Can't stop the self talk now...I'm on a roll.)








     

No comments: