April 24, 2011

Easter 2011 - Thumbs Up

I rose from the dead (without a headache) around noon today and that was a beautiful thing. Sleeping in was such a treat for me, along with allowing myself to set my burdens free for just one day. I soooooo needed a good night's rest and a day off from extreme stress.

It was a nice Easter. Kids liked their baskets filled with goodies. They got personal hygiene products, Jarritos Pineapple (Pina) soda, vintage candies like Zots, Mary Janes, and Buns with Maple. And the best thing I think they got are the vintage wax mustaches!!! I almost picked up the vintage wax lips I saw but decided mustaches are way funnier. The kids definitely thought they were pretty funny. They even agreed to a group shot when I suggested a photo shoot. I was so pleased because that was part of my master plan when I bought the wax mustaches. I think I'll have to make this an Easter tradition then when I'm super old they can come see me in my nursing home in Ampsterdam on Easter and wear their wax mustaches to make me feel good when I have excessive amounts of wild ear, nose, and facial hair.

Another highlight of the day was our family movie night. We saw Hanna and it was fabulous. The flick gets a huge thumbs up from all five of us. So yes, the movie was great but even better than that, spending time with my family was even greater.

No comments: